Sunday, January 4, 2015

Week 20

Weekly Greetings!

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and ready for a new year full of positive experiences. The last week before Christmas break was full of fun and holiday preparations. Of course, the highlight was the Christmas program and I was really proud of the performances by all the students that participated from all grade levels. Most of our class was there that day and they did an excellent job on their parts singing, playing bells, and doing a dance routine. 

This week we will hopefully fall right back into a rigorous routine, with a lot of new content to cover. One major change this semester will be in the math materials the school is using. Our school and Mentasta have switched to a new program called "GoMath". The material has been specifically created to meet all the new state standards and to take the students deeper into grade level expectations.

I will be sending homework home again nightly through Thursday this week, and I apologize that a few nights were missed the last week of school before break. Though I had prepared papers to be taken home while I was out for two days, some homework was misplaced in my absence. Most of the students have been so responsible in doing their homework nightly since the start of school, that I felt they really earned a little break even though it was not planned.

Also, this Friday there will be "Show and Tell". It is always fun to see what they students bring in to share and they really enjoy talking about the special items they choose to bring. I will send a reminder home with Thursday night's homework.

Have a safe a productive week!

Kind Regards,
Julie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment