Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 29


Weekly Greetings!

It is sure feeling like spring, and there is still a full week and two days next week before we all get a few days break to fully enjoy the beautiful weather. I am trying to organize a field trip for next Monday, but the contact person I was working with went on vacation last week so hopefully I can get the final arrangements in place by the middle of this week. I will send permission slips home at that time, if it all comes together as I hope. If it will not work for the Monday that we have a short week due to Spring Break on March 18-20, I will try again for another date later this spring.

In Science, we have been between the completed unit on "Solids and Liquids" and the up-coming unit on "Organisms" due to a delay in permits for the critters used in the new unit. I had planned a short unit on "Sea Creatures" for this week, and found out that Ms. Ruth class was studying oceans so I invited them in last week to share what they had been learning. Here are a few photos from that afternoon.

They did a wonderful presentation to help stir an interest in the younger students of my class for this up coming week as we explore "Sea Creatures".

Since we did art earlier in the week to complete pictures for the Federal Duck Stamp competition by the March 5 deadline, there was Show and Tell on Friday. The students always eagerly wait to see who has brought something to share. They are all getting so much better at speaking about their item while they show the class. In addition, the group that listened are getting great at asking good questions rather that just making a statement like, "I like ...."

  
We are just about at the end of the 3rd quarter and it is amazing how fast this year is going by! I will continue to send homework home nightly through Thursday and please look for you child's completed weekly class work on Friday as usual. It is wonderful to see how consistently most all of the students are at bringing their homework back each day!

Have a fantastic week!

Kind Regards,
Julie Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment