Saturday, November 21, 2015

Week 14

 Weekly Greetings!

Things went really well when I was gone for two days last week and as we think of things to be grateful for during this holiday seasons, I am so thankful for the classified staff I work with! They do a wonderful job and it was comforting to know the class was in good hands while I was away.

A real highlight of from last week was the awards ceremony. It was well attended and I am really pleased at how well so many students are doing academically. 
 The event started off with recognizing students that had perfect attendance. There were 4 from our class!
Next was honor roll for students with a "B" average or above. It was so good to see a few students from my last year's class.
I like to acknowledge the students from my class that did all the assigned homework for the quarter. There were 12 of the 15 students from our class that got an award. Two of those students, Quinten and Brandi, also received an award for earning an "Excellent" in content areas for the quarter.
There were 4 students from our class that won the 100% on test drawing. Every student in our class had at least one ticket in the draw, but some students had more than others. They were given $5.00 each!
 For Art on Friday, the class worked on making decorations for this week's Thanksgiving dinner at the school. It will be on Wednesday at 12:00pm. Students will be free to leave with parents afterward.
 Below is a picture of the finished project.
As for this week, we will only have three days of school and we will continue to focus on the reason for Thanksgiving in Social Studies. I will only send homework home for two nights this week.

I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving full of good food and fellowship!

Kind Regards,
Julie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment